Breakfast will become your kids’ favourite meal with these recipes!
We all know how tough it can be to get the kids to eat a healthy breakfast, especially on busy school mornings (hence, the search for easy breakfast for kids)! As you go through your morning routine, it’s enough of a task to get the kids out of bed, showered and dressed, not to mention making sure they have everything that they need for school.
However, the fact is that breakfast is a meal that should never be skipped! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you much needed energy first thing in the morning. It keeps kids and adults from reaching for unhealthy snacks to tide them over until lunch time and without it, you’re likely to be less focused and more irritable.
4 Easy breakfasts for kids:
We’ve put together this list of healthy, super quick and easy breakfast for kids so you can keep your family energised when they need it most! And don’t forget to serve each breakfast with a glass of Magnolia fresh milk so that your little one can get a boost of calcium and protein!
This is super customizable and you can even prepare the pancake batter overnight (or use readymade pancake mix). Then all you need to do is cut up some of your little one’s favourite fruit and tell them to get creative!
Apple Cereal Crumble
With its mix of fruits and cereal, this breakfast is a crunchy, nutritious start to the day! Slice up some apples or add your little one’s other favourite fruits and mix in cornflakes, graham crackers, raisins and a little bit of brown sugar.
When there’s no time to eat breakfast, you can drink it! Easy breakfast for kids just got easier to make and serve! And since this doesn’t involve turning on the stove, you can easily keep an eye on the kids getting ready at the same time.
Throw some frozen fruit into the blender like bananas and strawberries along with greek yogurt and some Magnolia fresh milk. Blend it all up and serve it to your little ones in the precious few minutes they have before they need to run out the door!
These are a little more time-consuming than the other recipes but you can easily make them in advance. Could be a fun, family activity for Sunday night before the kids go to bed. For this recipe you’ll need 2 eggs, 2 cans of black beans or corns, 1 onion, 1 cup of cilantro (coriander), a tablespoon of cayenne pepper and some tortillas.
First scramble the eggs and put to the side. Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the eggs. Put two spoons of the mixture on each tortilla and leave to cool. Finally, wrap each tortilla in a freezer safe bag.
In the morning, when you’re ready to eat them, simply microwave them until the cheese is melted.
For more information on healthy and easy breakfast for kids, visit https://staging.magnolia.com.sg/.
Tips by Dietitian Derrick Ong, Principal Dietitian, Eat Right Nutrition Consultancy
“Involve your children in cooking to cultivate a healthy relationship with food and encourage healthy eating habits,” said Derrick Ong, Principal Dietitian, Eat Right Nutrition Consultancy.
5 Benefits of Fresh Milk:
- Calcium and Vitamin D found in fortified fresh milk are essential to build strong bones and teeth, and to prevent osteoporosis later in life.
- Milk is a good source of protein to build muscle.
- It is also an excellent source of Vitamin B12 which is needed to form red blood cells that carry oxygen to the muscle, brain and other vital organs
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) and Phosphorous play a role for energy metabolism and many essential biological functions that keep one alert and active all day
- Milk is a low glycemic index (GI) food which provides a steady stream of carbohydrates to fuel the child’s mental and physical activities.
- Vitamin A is good not just for eyesight, but also to support the growth of healthy skin, tissues, bone and teeth, as well as to build a strong immune system to fight off infections.
This article is first published on theAsianparent.